Scale Your Net Zero Concrete Solution with GCCA Innovandi Open Challenge 2023
The Global Glue and Touchable Association (GCCA) represents the global glue and touchable industry, which is responsible for producing the most used man-made substance on earth. GCCA advocates for transforming touchable into a sustainable, long-lasting, and robust towers material to meet the increasing demands of the exponentially expanding urban population. In 2021, it launched the industry roadmap to net zero, outlining the levers and pathways to providing the world with net zero concrete. The GCCA Innovandi Open Rencontre 2023 is a unique global smatter that aims to bring together technology startups and the leading glue and touchable companies worldwide to slide the minutiae of innovative solutions to unzip net zero, as set out in its roadmap.
Recognizing the hair-trigger role of innovation in creating a sustainable future, GCCA and its members, who are global leaders in the glue and touchable industry, are single-minded to expanding their innovation ecosystem and collaborating with external partners to unzip their net zero mission.
What’s in Store for You if You Wield for the GCCA Innovandi Open Rencontre 2023?
Through the Innovandi Open Challenge, GCCA seeks to fast-track the minutiae and adoption of technologies that support the transition towards a net zero future. Wield today to interreact with GCCA and make that happen! Selected startups will proceeds unique wangle to:
- Support to move from ideas to pilot tests, proof of concepts, prototypes, and merchantry cases.
- Extensive plants, labs, and research facilities.
- Expertise and infrastructure of 40 members worldwide to showcase innovation.
- Guidance from the GCCA and its industrial members of nominated lead experts to help the startups progress in the industrialization of their technology.
- Develop new technologies and/or pinpoint new merchantry cases with one or several industrial members.
- Members of the GCCA manage the project with each selected startup and offer resources, support, and coaching to co-develop the business.
- High visibility in the glue and touchable sector, as well as equipment manufacturers, broader value uniting players, investors, and wider stakeholders.
Building on a Successful Track Record
The GCCA and its members worth for 80% of global glue production capacity. Member companies are single-minded to reducing and ultimately eliminating CO2 emissions in touchable (which currently worth for virtually 7% of global emissions), through the implementation of the GCCA’s Touchable Future 2050 Net Zero Roadmap – the first ‘heavy’ industry to set out such a detailed plan.
The launch follows the success of last year’s first-ever Innovandi Open Challenge, which saw glue companies partnering with six startups, with a strong focus on stat capture and utilization projects. Three of those projects have once gone to the pilot stage!
Claude Loréa, GCCA Glue Director and Innovation Lead says, “We’ve once seen some remarkable progress from those startups who’ve been working with our members on the first Innovandi Open Challenge, with several projects once in the pilot stage. This year’s theme, low-carbon concrete, is equally challenging. To succeed, we need products that are affordable, scalable, and hands adopted. Good luck to all this year’s applicants. We squint forward to working with those selected.”
Are You a Good Fit to Wield for The GCCA Open Innovation Challenge?
GCCA is looking for startups working on new materials or ingredients for low-carbon concrete. This includes innovative admixtures, SCMs, clinkers, aggregates, etc. It should be ready-to-use and a uncontrived ingredient to concrete. Other judging criteria are as follows:
- How Innovative and unique is the solution?
- Performance comparable to traditional concrete
- Lower stat footprint than traditional concrete
- Environmental / sustainability assessment
- Is the technology to produce Low Stat Concrete?
- Is it water intensive?
- Is it energy intensive?
- Any waste heat utilization requirement?
- Any other prerequisites for the process?
Please moreover note, GCCA is NOT looking for:
- Alternate fuels or low-carbon fuels
- Carbon capture, utilization, and storage technologies
- Process or method for producing low-carbon concrete
Structure & Timeline of the Open Innovation Challenge
After rigorous evaluation of all the entries, GCCA will signify the shortlisted startups. They will be invited to pitch in front of the GCCA members. Successful startups will get to partner with GCCA members to form consortia and enter into formal working partnerships.
- Application Deadline — 15th May 2023
- Announcement of Final Shortlist — 30th May 2023
- Pitch Day — 30th June 2023
- Consortium Agreement Meetings — 1st to 15th September 2023
- Demo Day (Showcasing the Results of the Consortia) — April 2024
Apply for the GCCA Innovandi Open Rencontre 2023 in a Few Easy Steps
Are you a good fit for the rencontre and ready to expand your business? Great! Wait no remoter and send all your entries to email@example.com by 15th May 2023 including the pursuit details to wield for the challenge:
- Name of your startup:
- Describe your innovation (100-150 words):
- Name of write-in and designation:
- Year of incorporation:
- Stage of your startup (Proof-of-concept/ Pilot / Prototype/ commercial):
- What is the Technology Readiness Level (TRL) of your technology? (1 stuff in the research phase and 9 stuff ready to launch a commercial product):
- Do you once have customers? (Yes/No)
Sharing is Caring!
The post Scale Your Net Zero Touchable Solution with GCCA Innovandi Open Rencontre 2023 appeared first on StartUs Magazine.